Zooming Operator Environment
An intuitive, mobile accessible, zoomable HMI unlike any other.
ZOE® (Zooming Operator Environment) is a new way to visualize and control material handling and manufacturing processes. To the user and developer, ZOE works like Google Maps®, but for HMI and SCADA applications. ZOE’s familiar format makes it easier for operators and non-engineers to be trained on ZOE than on any traditional HMI.
ZOE is extremely mobile-friendly, and runs on virtually all hardware, including desktops, laptops, and tablets, putting real-time operational information about and control of a facility in the palm of your hand. More intuitive than any other HMI platform ever developed, ZOE makes finding and acting on the information you need, when you need it, quick and easy.
Offering both a bird’s-eye view of your facility and close-ups of individual sections, ZOE shows you as much or as little as you need to see with its innovative use of semantic zooming. As you zoom in, more detail comes into view, eliminating the clunkiness present in our competitors’ HMIs, which require you to navigate a maze of individual windows. ZOE represents your entire facility on a single graphic screen of infinite dimension. Operators pan around the screen and zoom into areas of interest, encouraging those new to ZOE to explore and learn the application, while experienced users can instantly jump from one area to the next using familiar hyperlinks.
Able to run on Windows, and Linux, ZOE connects easily to SQL databases and PLCs such as MySQL and ControlLogix by Allen-Bradley.
Every aspect of ZOE can be customized, allowing engineers and power users to develop and maintain applications, while its minimalist design keeps out of your way whether you’re doing high-level development or monitoring operations on your tablet.
Get in touch today to see how ZOE could give you a better view of your facility.
Features & Benefits
ZOE® is a unique HMI that works for your whole team, allowing for:
Quick DATA retrieval for Upper-Level Management
• Custom dashboards monitor overall performance and trends
• All data is accessible right from your PC, assuming network connectivity.
More VISIBILITY for Operations
• More flexible: Zoom to see as much or little of the plant as desired, with no restrictions
• Better visibility and reduced clutter at higher zoom levels for situational awareness
• More useful: Relevant trends & data appear when zoomed into particular areas
• Bring the whole application right to the impacted area on a tablet
• I/O addressing and tag names right on the screen when zoomed-in
• Hyperlinks to device manuals right from the device layout
User friendly, featuring:
• Semantic zooming - relevant data appears intelligently as you zoom in
• Mobile capabilities - pan, click, and pinch-zoom
• Familiar technology that is easy for operators to learn
• Minimalistic design
• Fully customizable according to your needs
• Symbols as well as color in device graphics to assist the color-blind
Able to integrate into your system
• Runs on desktops, laptops, and tablets
• Able to run on Windows and Linux
• No individual runtime licenses. Install on as many devices as needed
• Connects easily to SQL databases and PLCs
• Connects to most Ethernet/IP compliant devices
• Integrates seamlessly with ASCADA, Atronix’s middleware and WCS
• Development tools are built-in. Engineers can make changes to ZOE with development login privileges.
What is included in the tablet version of a project?
Everything that is included in the desktop version! The full desktop version of the project also runs on supported tablets, allowing maintenance and operations to bring the full-featured system right to the impacted area and have all of the required tools at their fingertips.
What kind of information appears when I zoom into a particular area?
System layouts are very much customizable. But in a typical system, zooming into an “area” will cause any relevant charts and trends to appear as well as a representation of the control devices such as photo-eyes. Zooming further to the device level will typically display more detail such as manual controls, I/O addressing, PLC tag names, and links to product manuals.
What applications is ZOE® suitable for?
ZOE is a fully customizable and can be used to visualize virtually any automated facility. While ZOE’s first deployments pertained to conveyor systems in distribution centers, it is equally applicable to all material handling, automotive, manufacturing, food & beverage, and process control. So long as networked devices are being controlled, ASCADA and ZOE provide you with the interface to visualize and control all facets of your operation.
What kind of devices can ZOE communicate with?
ZOE and ASCADA are built to communicate with the ever-expanding number of devices being brought online with the Internet of Things (IoT). Our architecture was intentionally designed to be vendor-neutral and fully customizable,
What are the licensing fees?
ZOE licensing is provided for free when it is purchased as part of an Atronix project, further reducing the total cost of ownership of an Atronix deployment.