Atronix Distributed Architecture
A modular distributed architecture that is cost-effective, space-saving, and easily maintained.
Atronix Distributed Architecture (ADA™) is our unique approach to system control, design, installation, and commissioning. Instead of using a traditional central control panel that consumes valuable floor space, ADA’s patented modular solution distributes the I/O and motor control where they’re needed throughout the facility, eliminating long runs of wiring and other extraneous infrastructure. A single panel distributes 480V power to remote motor boxes, and all other connections and communications are localized and confined to a limited area around each module.
Because of our unique modular design, issues are easy to detect and maintenance is simpler. Quick-connect wiring and separately housed high- and low-voltage components mean that installation and maintenance can be done safely by your own technicians with little training, leading to further cost savings.
All this means less manpower, less complexity, fewer materials, and enhanced safety, making ADA an integrative systems solution that costs less to install, less to maintain and allows for easier upkeep and expansion than any other controls solution on the market.
For information on how ADA can speed, simplify, and reduce the associated costs of your automated system, contact us or check out ADA’s other features and benefits.
Features & Benefits
By installing Atronix Distributed Architecture, you get:
Up to 40% cost savings on time and materials.
• Modular design eliminates long runs of wire.
• Compact design means less materials.
• Simple set up means you pay less during installation.
• Phased installation with no need for temporary controls.
A modular design that makes maintenance and expansion simpler, featuring:
• Localized connections and communications
• Simple troubleshooting and maintenance
• Seperately housed high- and low-voltage components
• I/O maintenance and troubleshooting capabilities without arc flash protection equipment
• A system that doesn’t require shutting down for modification
• Easy expansion capabilities that only require plugging in another panel
• Panels manufactured to UL certification standards
A more efficient facility.
• A power distribution panel carries 480V power to groups of ADA™ modules.
• Daisy chain power connections reduce power distribution home runs and expensive conduit and wiring.
• ADA modules are compact and flexible, so they can be mounted where they are needed without affecting the system layout.
Is there a “main” central control panel?
No! The PLC, I/O modules, motor starters, VFD’s, and all required panel components of the control system are distributed in the small ADA™ panels, distributed throughout the facility.
Can I open the control panels while the system is running?
Yes! The control panels can be opened while the system is running, without requiring any arc flash protection equipment. Everything in these panels is 24VDC or less, and finger-safe. This allows for safe and easy troubleshooting without causing any downtime. Motor starter panels must be powered down prior to opening, or require appropriate protective equipment.
What happens if I power off a motor starter panel?
A panel shut-down will only impact the local area and the motors that are controlled by that particular ADA module. The rest of the facility continues to run, minimizing the downtime and the impact of the maintenance.
What if my facility expands in the future?
Depending on the layout, adding a new area will result in adding additional ADA module(s) to control the new area. A new power drop and Ethernet drop will be required. Other than that, the existing system never needs to be stopped for the controls or electrical modifications! Typical downtime will only be as required for mechanical changes and testing.
Does Atronix perform the installation?
It’s up to you! Atronix’s installation team is fully qualified to perform the mechanical and electrical installation of all of the items that we provide. Atronix also offers site supervision for customers who would like to perform the installation themselves.
Are Atronix systems secure?
Atronix focuses on SCADA cybersecurity as a top priority. We approach the issue with a comprehensive approach which begins with proper network architecture and network segmentation which may include firewalls, DMZ's, and Virtual Private Networks (VPN). The architecture is supplemented with SSL encryption such as HTTPS for ASCADA web services, and multi-tiered login levels for ASCADA and ZOE. The implementation should be supplemented by an ongoing plan to apply software updates, monitor the status, and educate users for proper usage and security. Trust the experts at Atronix to work with your IT department to install a system that is safe and secure.
Customized modular systems now available for direct purchase.
With Build-a-Box, you can now order ADA panels directly from Atronix for whatever project you have in mind. ADA can be used for any electrical control application from material handling to manufacturing.
We customize the panel sets to your exact specification, and ADA is flexible enough to change with you as your needs change.
Sample ADA Build-a-Box configuration for a conveyor control application (approximately $10K).
- 18 motor driven rollers
- Six 3-phase motors (3 of them driven by Variable Frequency Drives)
- 48 flexible inputs or outputs
- 16 motion or safety outputs that will not function while the system is E-stopped
- One E-stop PB using the patented E-stop system (more are optional)
- An I/O and safety enclosure (touch-safe for ease of troubleshooting)
- I/O protocols include Profi bus-DP, CANopen, Modbus-TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet and Ethercat, with additional options of Sercos and Powerlink
- Two motor starter enclosures (more are optional) mounted to your conveyors with anti-vibration pads to prevent small shocks from loosening wires and control cards
Benefits of ADA Build-a-Box
- Available directly from Atronix
- No proprietary hardware
- CAD drawing templates included
- Compact design saves space
- Simple and fast installation and reinstallation
- Easy to adapt as your needs change
- Designed for low maintenance
- UL listed
- SIL 2 capable with SIL 3 as an option